Sunday, March 6, 2011

The man I wish existed...

Haven't blogged about something in what seems like a long time, but some great Music that I've been listening to lately inspired me to come up with this one. So, I was listening to "Your Song" by Sir Elton John. All over youtube and the internet, in general, people seem to be so concerned about his sexuality, the fact that he's gay. I say, so what if he's gay? Even if he writes all those sweet songs for a man, that's the luckiest man alive! Cos you know what? I'd kill for a guy who would write such songs for me...

And if that guy existed, it wouldn't matter a rotten pig's tail as to how he looked cos he would have to be the most beautiful human being around to come up with something so pure, so serene. Beyond which, everything else ceases to matter. Close friends of mine would swear and tell you with unbelievable conviction that I am scared to fall in love, that I am commitment phobic and all that jazz. To be fair to them and their judgments, maybe that's true. But as per me, the larger truth is that the right guy is almost impossible to find.

As I said, it wouldn't matter how he looked or how he dressed. All that I talk about is a person, who is full of love. Not just for his lover, but for everything and everyone around. Someone who can see and appreciate the beauty that so comprehensively surrounds us, craving to be noticed. Someone who would agree and respect the presence of God in everything that ever existed. But clearly, as you would agree with me, such a person would be a rarity, to say the least.

Guys keep complaining that girls are unreasonably demanding. Maybe it's true. My version, however is that the demands crop up because the more soulful needs are left untouched. Give a girl the love she deserves, and she will give you back more. I am not saying that demanding girls don't exist. They do and will always be around, but got to be fair to the many who wouldn't stop thanking God if they found a guy who loved and respected them for who they were. Cos ultimately, every girl would want a guy who could bring a smile to her face, simply because of the love that he is full of.
The sweetest line ever from "Your Song" to conclude:
I hope you don't mind,
I hope you don't mind,
That I put down in words,
How wonderful life is,
While you're in the world :')

P.S.- Silly, who would mind that? <3

1 comment: