Saturday, April 3, 2010

Statutory Warning!

Greetings

First of all, do not let the title mislead you in any way. I am a rather docile person (or, not hostile at least!). I smile, I laugh, I am everything pleasant. And guess what, I don't even bite! (I sting sometimes though on account of being a typical scorpion). It's just that this is my space and an outlet for my expression. Thus, I would appreciate if no one 'guides' me what to write. Constructive criticism is welcome of course, but then again, I do not remotely claim to be a writer in the making. A blog was like a missing link in my life and you just need that space sometimes where you can let go. This is going to be my space for that very purpose.

Now when one unwinds one's mind, what follows is random more often than not. If we do project our emotions as they our in our little, overburdened heads, the result is likely to be far from pleasant most often; a reflection of personal connotations in most cases. In such situations, it is plain annoying if anyone has any 'guidance' to give about what the content could have been or should have been or anything such. I do not care about the 'could haves' and 'should haves'. I am who I am and this is where I am going to express myself to the best of my ability. It is best if I don't fool myself and the world by refining whatever I have to say and subjecting it to the oh-so-floral-beautiful-language. Why? well, simply because that is not me...

I am not Wordsworth, I am not Eliot, I am not even Chetan Bhagat. I am just a regular girl trying to solve a million questions about her existence in the complexities of what we call the world. I have talents, God has gifted me as well, but not with the ability to bowl people over with my writing prowess. I'd much rather sing some words well written by better writers :) Indeed, singing is my thing, my life, my world, my cup of tea, coffee... my mug of beer or whatever else! This, as I said before, is just an outlet. For me, and whoever else cares to read this, to know and understand myself better.

Cheers
Bhavya Pandit


No comments:

Post a Comment