Thursday, July 29, 2010

A melodious life... :)

Most of us are perennially busy in expressing displeasure over everything that life DOES NOT have to offer, and for all I know, I am no exception. Today, however, for a very pleasant change, I was counting my blessings, and boy, there were too many! But the biggest of them all would have to be me being a musician. First of all, how many people out there are blessed enough to have their hobby and their profession intersect completely? I mean, just think about it, you are doing the one thing that you love doing all the time, and you get good money for it. Ha, Thanks God, I genuinely think I love you. And this time, I mean it! That apart, another massive plus that comes with being a singer is that there is little scope for loneliness and negativity in one's life. Every time I feel momentarily low, I resort to my music, my singing and tada, I'm all smiles within no time.

In the past, I have had a lot of friends realizing their liking for each other courtesy some romantic rendition by me going on faintly in the background. Makes me feel proud and happy! And did I forget to tell you that at the randomest (no, that's not a word :P) of hours, some pals call me up and say, "Hey Bhav, I'm just feeling all stuck up right now and I need you to sing for me. RIGHT NOW!". I can't help but smile, and sing of course. Life, for me is like a river, that flows in the shape of a smile :) It is a priceless feeling when you know that your music is making life worth living for someone out there. During Indian Idol, all of us finalists visited a home for the unprivileged. Naturally, being crooners, we did our thing for the little kids by singing out lines from their favorite Bollywood numbers. It was really not a big deal for us, but the smiles it brought on their faces were just so heart-warming. It was those smiles that made us realize that God was truly gracious while gifting us with our music.

I can't help but recollect a page from my yearbook post tenth grade. My English teacher, Mrs. Nair, had filled in a sheet saying, "Dear Bhavya, Music is the greatest and the best instrument to provide peace and harmony to mankind. You are God's chosen one to provide this peace and harmony to many a people out there." Thanks Ma'am! Today, I agree with you more than ever. Cheers to the melody called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment