Friday, July 30, 2010

Sleep deprived... Forever!

If there is one thing that takes up as much or more time in my life as my Music, it has to be SLUMBER! I could well classify it as my alternate passion, if it wouldn't be too quirky to do so. Just give it a thought. I am one of those people, who can sleep, sleep, sleep some more and then just catch up on some remaining sleep. It is NEVER the wrong time for me to say, "I am sleep deprived", and NEVER the right time for me to say "Ah, enough of sleep. Can't sleep any more." I mean, I know of people who love sleeping, but I take it to a whole new level. I never fail to amaze my self with my "slumber stamina" to be precise. But then what to do, the satisfaction that 9, 10, 11, or how many ever hours of sleep gives me is so incomparable! It is like I am in some faraway la la land... Perfect escape in this weather. Rainy, gloomy, boring and dull all the time. On a breezy, rainy day, a cozy blanket and my comfy bed are my best friends :) Well, they are so most of the times but just more so on the kind of day mentioned above.

Every morning, I make myself get up some-freaking-how, but it is so much easier to just slump back into the dreamy world. I pity my alarm clock's snooze option. There's every chance that it is the world's most overworked gadget. Every morning is a disastrous attempt at reaching college in time. My Mom really astonishes me with her body clock. Alarm or no alarm, she is up before five every morning. Looks like the love for prim and proper surroundings is not the only positive I failed to inherit :P If there are people out there, who completely relate to what I'm trying to convey, they'll also know how hard it is for things to not be the way they are. I mean, it's not like I haven't tried or anything. I have even tried putting Himesh Reshammiya's tracks as the alarm tone. Damn! How I love to sleep.

I am quite unclear about why I love to sleep so much. My laziness of course is the direct logical connotation here. Let's just face it, I'm one of those people who love to run away from work and love to procrastinate, unless of course, we're talking Music. So laziness, yes, definitely. But beyond that, there could be a reason more complex, and I swear whatever I am going to say is not necessarily in my defense or just for the heck of it, there could be solid reasoning involved here. What if I love to sleep because my sleep transports me to a place much more desirable? Like, a world full of Music, free of corruption, a world where everyone can just be their own selves and not give a damn to what the 'messiahs' of social conduct have to say, a world where I have already accomplished my long list of dreams I am striving hard to achieve. What if even when I am in my senses, I want to sub-consciously ward off to that Utopian paradise? Think about it. I could be telling more than just my story here.

Sure enough, a day full of work leads to an instant, dreamless sleep but that is not routine you know. On other days, there could be different reasons for one to take to the best almost instantaneously. For me, it is almost like, if I am done with my Riyaz, there is nothing else that needs to be done and I doze off. I am the champ at finding excuses to sleep! Probably it is about prioritizing one's life. There are a million things out there that I could give importance to, like cooking for my family sometimes, taking a lesson in a foreign language etc but sleep is just so much more important. Wow! Back to square one, aren't we? But I am inspired to change somehow. Won't stop trying, never will. Hopefully, tomorrow I might have a tale to tell about how I made it to the 7:30 am lecture. Jesus, that's almost unimaginable! So while I am at it, pray for me people and while you're at it... ah, forget it, I am so bored, I think I need to sleep :D zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment