Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I can, you can, and so can the rest of the world...

One of my professors addressed the class very effectively today about how everyone can write. There is no person in this world who cannot write. At the very basic level, it is about noticing the small little 'somethings' that occur every single day in our lives. The quirkiness of a fruit-seller, the eccentricity of that weird neighbor, the witty humor of the guy next door... there is a story in everything. A story in every song you listen to, a story in every dream that you dream, a story in the food you eat, a story in every story that you hear. Might I admit, I was duly inspired. And so, as per the aforesaid professor's proposition, I am, starting today, going to make a conscious effort to write everyday (or at least much more frequently than I already do) about the small stories that constitute every day of ours.

This is really not my territory I feel but there are advantages of being bad at things. You can't get any worse you know, there is only scope for improvement. So the passage of time shall lead to the ageing of an apparently good habit, which in turn shall ward some rust off my mind and lead to an open, fresher space called my world, alternately speaking, this very blog. How I fare eventually is not my cause of concern. For all we know, I might just pause the process if the desired output is not to be seen. What matters, however, is that I am giving it a try at least. Attempting to do something today simply means 'no regrets' in the future. If someone relates to me and cultivates the habit themselves, nothing like it. Wow, I am already feeling good about myself. Alright, so starting today, there will be a whole new world of Music, beauty and life that will be explored and consequently blogged about. I am all smiles... I am proud of being me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment